Thursday 25 October 2007

No concept of time

Have you ever had one of those days where you have no concept of time? Right now it's 7:43am and while I should be sleeping still, I'm awake and typing up a blog post.

The other day I was at work and deep into a project when I realize that I needed to take a break for lunch. I looked at the computer clock which read 12:30 and thought, "Gee, where did the time go?" I finished up what I was doing and proceeded to head home for some grub. When I got out to my car the clock said 1:40. Now, let's think about this for a moment. I don't believe it took me an hour to wrap things up and why did my stomach not growl sooner to let me know it was lunch time? How did I lose and hour?

Well, the time was wrong on the computer and I guess I fooled my body into thinking that it was earlier than it really was. This has nothing to do with my concept of time, I guess, but more with the fact that I trust computers way too much.

It's time for breakfast.

No comments: