Wednesday 29 October 2008

I have been commissioned!

A friend of mine who has recently been ordained, asked me to make her a stole for Advent. Today I went to get some fabric for the project and now I can't wait to get out the sewing machine. It's nice to have a project to work on. Well, I have been knitting and spinning but I really like to have a project that is going toward something important. Plus I get to be creative and make what ever I want!

I should have enough fabric to create more than one so maybe I'll be giving out more than one this year. They are super easy to make and so fun to create. I made a pink one for my internship supervisor so that when I left, he could wear it to have some female representation up front. Pink isn't exactly a seasonal color, nor a color I identify with, but it was fun to make.

It's creative time!

No comments: