Tuesday 21 October 2008

I'm Dyeing...My Handspun!

Yum! Doesn't that look like a nice pot of purple noodles? Well, it's my first batch of Kool Aid dyed yarn. I used grape and black cherry. We'll see how it turned out soon enough! And my kitchen smells like fruit...well, chemically altered fruit.
This is my second batch and I used cherry, lemonade, and orange. It's on the stove right now. I think this one will go to my friend Kellen who was the first person to request my hand spun yarn. And I didn't even know he was a knitter! Brilliance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...that is so cool! how long do you cook the noodles...er...yarn for? Cna't wait to see the finished product.

Bought undyed, natural worsted wool at Village Wool yesterday for a cabled hoodie. It's abrown color. They put the sheep flock number on the label! I thought that was so cute! (Wonder if the sheep have little number tags on them?)

Kellen said...

yum! i've never knitted with spaghetti before!