Monday 26 January 2009

Yikes!

This is a photo was taken when I was at seminary in California 2006 (or 7), the last time I went mountain biking (before last week, of course). Today at work I signed up for a few training courses and I have come to the conclusion that this job is going to kick me in the butt! I'll be biking this week three times and most likely in the cold rain! YAY! And my mountain biking instructor award, I have heard, is a tough weekend of pain and suffering. My climbing wall award requires me to visit 3 walls at least 15 times before the course and then another 30 times before being qualified. That includes a variety of lead climbs. I haven't been this active in FOREVER!! I think this job is my New Year's resolution. Soon enough I'll just see the pounds fall away....RIGHT!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, sounds like you are going to need some intense motivation! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! As an aside though, this sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

What is this "job" you speak of? Sounds rather wonderful if it involves all that outdoor-goodness.