Saturday 20 October 2007

Back in Berkeley

I came to visit Berkeley this week for a friend's consecration service. It's been a great time so far and I really have been spending some quality time with people I haven't seen in a long time. Of course it's always strange to come back to a place that you have somewhat left behind. I was ready to leave after graduation and not look back for a while. There were some hard times my senior year and I wanted to forget most of them. I didn't know what to expect this time back and I have been pleasantly surprised with how nice it is to be here without the pressures of friends who have hurt me in the past. It's sort of freeing to know that I am able to enjoy this beautiful place with no ambitions.

I have also been renewed in my quest to keep finding the way through my approval process with the Ohio Synods. It's been a long road and I have a feeling that while it might eventually become smooth, it will never be easy.

1 comment:

SHMT said...

You know my prayers are with you on the synod stuff. I'm glad you have good people on your side!