Saturday 5 January 2008

Flashback to 2001


This is my nephew Curtis. He's a bit older now but I thought we'd take a trip to the past. I lived with my sister after graduating from college in 2001. Curtis was about 18mo old and Amy was preggers with Callie too. It was a great time for me and Curtis. We hung out all the time and I was always there for the big steps in his life. This first photo is an example of how I taught him to use Chapstick. Genius!





And if he ever lost his way at night or in a dark cave, his headlamp skills surpassed all other 1 year olds in his class. I was so helpful for those developing years. Where has the time gone. And now he's seven years old and fully capable of learning new things on his own.


But those were some of the best days of my life.

2 comments:

SHMT said...

It's important to have aunties to teach the necessary life-skills. I often wonder where my nieces would be if they didn't know the words to Yellow Submarine...

Nichole D. said...

Aww, he's a cutie! And definitely, aunties and friends and grandparents are all good for teaching those "necessary" skills.

See ya Tuesday?