Thursday 17 January 2008

Missing out

While I love living in New Mexico there are things that I regret missing out on. I was looking at my cousin Molly's (above on the left) facebook and saw this photo of her and my nephew Curtis (above on the right). They were at the Cleveland Browns season closer this year and since I decided to spend my New Year's somewhere other than with my family, I didn't get to go. Not that I was really bummed to miss out on the game but how much fun would it be to go to an NFL game with my little nephew?
This year was strange because my traditions were all out of whack. Usually I'm in Beavercreek for Christmas and then up to Orrville for New Year's. But I found myself with my mom's family on Christmas and their tradition of going over to Aunt Lauri's house all day was something new for me. However, this year Tara (Molly's little sister) was serving at church on Christmas morning and was very worried that we would all show up at her house before she got home. We had to promise that we would not be there until church was over. Her concern was that we would be making Christmas memories without her.
As corny as this sounds, I know exactly how she feels.

1 comment:

Nichole D. said...

I totally feel you- Spending Christmas day with just my Hubbster and the kid was weird. I'm so used to the whole family thing, we have so many traditions back home!