Tuesday 29 January 2008

Our visit to Salt Lake City

So Victor and I decided to buy a car in Salt Lake City because it was a great deal but we (ok, I) severely underestimated the mileage. Ok, the Toyota website said that it was 478mi away from Albuquerque but mapquest said it was 580mi away. YIKES! But we already committed to the car and only had two days to travel.
However, not all was lost. Thanks to the internet I reconnected with my good friend from high school, Melissa Heath! While in town we were able to meet up and have breakfast together. It was so fun to see her again after 10 years and I just might be able to travel back before we move for another visit to see her perform in Candid-- She's an opera singer!
We also got to hang out with Vic's friend from high school Zach, even though he was quite tired from working an all night shift at the hospital--he's a resident!
All in all it was a great visit, beautiful drive and successful car buying trip!

1 comment:

SHMT said...

Sounds fun! I probably would have driven there, picked up the car, and driven back. No visiting, no sight-seeing, nothing fun. I definitely need to work on my fun-factor!