Saturday 29 November 2008

Photo updates

This is the Weld and Down Museum near Chichester. It was a cloudy day but still fun. There was a Christmas Fayre the day we went and it was pretty cool.

Musicians playing Christmas songs. A little early in the season (it's not even Advent yet) but still nice to hear.
This was the Christmas Fayre at my church on Nov 22. I helped out at the Arts and Crafts booth. It was fun to be a part of a community.
Father Christmas was at our church and these were his little helpers. It's too bad I didn't get a photo of his grotto. It was almost scary.
Our church, St. Mary's, has it's own brew and held a contest to name it. A 17 year old won with "Ale Mary".
This is Blenheim Palace where Winston Churchill was born and sort of raised. He spent most of his life away at boarding schools but none the less, this is the family home. We learned quite a lot here!
And finally, me and Vic at the back of the palace. I was a chilly day but at least the sun was out. It only began to pour on our walk back to our car in the muddy field!! Good times.

1 comment:

ktjhawk said...

fun! It just looks so....British!

I love the name of the beer - very clever.

I hope to see some of these places myself soon - I've started the "go see Katie" fund. Hugs, and Happy Advent, my friend.